"Tower and Street Clock Talk" newsletter
"Tower and Street Clock Talk" is the official newsletter of the Tower and Street Clock Chapter (#134) of the National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors (NAWCC).
It is published occasionally, and the current issue (#24) is described
on the home page.
Information to complete this page is still being compiled.
- #23, May 2017: 18 pages, including a major article on the Chapter's involvement in the 2016 NAWCC National Convention exhibit on American Street Clocks, with several color photographs.
The subject of the President's Message is "The State of the Chapter," which includes mention of the retirement of long-time Newsletter Editor Frank del Greco.
A new feature titled "Q & A: On the Street and In the Tower" was begun, presenting answers to various questions that the Chapter has received.
There is also an article on "Using Howard Order Numbers and Serial Numbers to Approximate Dates of Sale after 1905," plus a brief review of a new book on the turret clocks of T.Cooke & Sons of York (UK).
- #21, Sep.2015: 12 pages, with several color photos.
The contents include a President's Message, an article on the Ansonia Street Clock owned by the NAWCC Museum, an article on the oldest street clock in Texas, and a few other short items.
Before issue #21, the newsletter was titled "Tower Talk."
- #20, Nov.2014: 28 pages, containing a major article on Howard Tower Clock Model Numbers plus a short article plus a President's Message.
There are many illustrations from Howard Clock catalogues, plus seven photographs or photo groups, six of which are in color.
- #19, Jun.2014
- #18, Dec.2013
- #17, Apr.2013
- #16, Dec.2012
- #15, Aug.2012: 12 pages, containing three major articles plus two short articles plus reports from chapter officers.
There are seven photographs, six of which are in color.
- #14, May 2012: 12 pages, containing one major article with 20 color photographs, as well as a variety of other bits of information.
- #13, Jan.2012: 12 pages, containing two articles illustrated with a total of 13 color photographs.
- #12, Jun.2011: 12 pages, containing six articles, 17 color photographs and a variety of other bits of information.
- #11, Jun.2011
- #10A, Nov.2010, Special Edition
- #10, Oct.2010
- #9, Feb.2010: 10 pages, containing four news articles, eight color photographs and a variety of other bits of information.
- #8, Mar.2009
- #7, Feb.2008
- #6, Jan.2007
- #5, May 2006
- #4, Dec.2005: contained the first of a projected series of four articles by Mark Frank on the subject "The Evolution of Tower Clock Mechanics and Design over the past 1000 Years", profusely illustrated with color photos.
- #3, Feb.2005
- #2, May 2004
- #1, Jan.2004
Before the editorship of Frank Del Greco, newsletter issues were un-numbered.
- Jan.2003 (un-paginated) - a variety of short articles and letters.
This page is being maintained for Chapter #134 by
Carl Scott Zimmerman.
If you have any comments or suggestions,
you are welcome to
This page was last revised on 25 April 2018.