Glockenspielpavilion Zwinger [palace] Sophienstraße nr Taschenberg Dresden, Sachsen, Germany LL: N 51.05226, E 13.73452
At every quarter hour, a melody composed by Guenter Schwarze; longer at the hour; even longer at 1015,1415,1815; silent in winter.
Some reports say the original bells were unharmed by the 1945 bombing which damaged the building; others say they were largely destroyed; but current bells do not have the original gold decor with white border.
Electric-automatic carillon of 40 porcelain bells Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown Transposition is not applicable Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The instrument was enlarged in 1964 with porcelain bells made by Meissen Prior history: In 1933, the instrument was begun with 24 porcelain bells with porcelain bells made by Meissen (0 porcelain bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1973
This page was built from the database on 8-Sep-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/08/28 and on technical data last updated on 2010/01/15
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.