A collection of more than 1500 bells
of all kinds, including the various
other instruments listed here;
may include three more chimes.
It began in 1973 with a single bell to
fit the newly-adopted name of the
roadhouse/restaurant, and "just grew."
Also here is a foundry where small
bronze bells are cast.
Chime-sized instrument with action described in Remarks above of 8 bells
Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown
Transposition is unknown
Keyboard range: NONE / NONE
The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown.
Work was done (as described in Remarks above) in ****
by the maker cited in Remarks above
No auxiliary mechanisms known
Tower details not available
Year of latest technical information source is 2004
The Website of this combination restaurant and museum
(text in Finnish, English and German).
A visitor's photos (very large page) -
#1= large bell shed; #2= Perner automatic chime in foreground, telephone shelter in left background,
oriental bell in right background; #3= bell shed near entrance, with two sets of steel bells;
#4= Szabados automatic chime; #5= large steel bells in shed; #6= previous highway sign bell
(now demoted) for advertising on the restaurant (compare to the present gold-leaf-covered bell
on the splash page of the Vaskikello Website).
There's a story about the telephone shelter (the two bright orange bells
at an angle). Some time after they had been put up, a German tourist discovered that
the bells had come from his own parish church. Disturbed about their present use,
he took a photo of them back to his parish priest. The priest examined the photo and
then said, "Obviously these people have a direct telephone to Heaven; so it's OK!"