Memorial to Tarpley Early Taylor and Elmira Martin Taylor
First Christian Church (DoC) (was University Church of Christ) 25th Street & University Avenue Des Moines, Iowa, USA LL: N 41.60029, W 93.65125
First Christian Church 2500 University Avenue Des Moines, IA 50311 T: 515-255-2181
Tower tubes by Deagan ("harmonically tuned"), replacing an older set from the same firm (presumably straight tubes); donated by Henry C. Taylor of Chicago; installed by Roy Lofink. Rebuilt by Verdin in 1977 or earlier. Chime Master replaced action with electro-pneumatic system in late 2010, after 25 years of silence.
Electric-keyboard carillon of 30 tubular bells Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The whole instrument was installed in 1939 with tubular bells made by Deagan Prior history: In 1937, the instrument was begun with 10 tubular bells by Deagan (0 tubular bells remain from that work.) Auxiliary mechanisms: E Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1939*Links:
This page was built from the database on 3-Feb-14 based on textual data last updated on 2015/02/01 and on technical data last updated on 2002/04/09
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com