Trinity United Methodist Church (originally First M.E. Church) East Market and Guilford Streets Huntington, Indiana, USA LL: N 40.88301, W 85.49321
Alice Stickler E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Methodist Church 530 Guilford Street Huntington, IN 46750-2708 T: (260)356-4171, -0961 E: email@example.com
Original contract was for 8 bells; 3 more added before installation in what is now the lower belfry; upper belfry added and bells relocated when donor could not hear them from home. Added semitones sharp 4th, flat 7th. Tenor formerly swung. Electrified in 1960s; re-electrified in 1990s, probably by Verdin; chimestand remains in tower, but transmission is gone. Church renamed upon merger which formed the United Methodist Church.
Electric-keyboard chime of 11 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is F in the middle octave Transposition is up 5 semitone(s) Keyboard range: C D / NONE There are two added semitones The whole instrument was installed in 1915 with bells made by Meneely/Troy Year of latest technical information source is 2010
Where this work lies in the sequence of output of the Meneely (Troy) bellfoundry.
Ranking among all North American chimes by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all North American chimes by weight (pitch).
Ranking among all North American chimes by year of completion.
Index to all tower bell instruments in IN.
This page was built from the database on 29-Aug-10 based on textual data last updated on 2010/08/28 and on technical data last updated on 2010/08/28
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org