GVSU Detroit Center (was Michigan Mutual Liability Company) Madison Street at John R Street Detroit, Michigan, USA LL: N 42.33744, W 83.04810
GVSU Detroit Center 163 Madison Street Detroit, MI 48226 T: (616)331-2240 F: (616)331-2085 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
(none - inoperable)
Tower tubes by Deagan, installed by R.Lofink, with keyboard in special desk. Originally acquired by MMLC when they bought the building in 1935. In 1975, the firm was renamed Michigan Mutual Insurance Company; later it became Amerisure, and moved its headquarters elsewhere. 2012: Buiding bought by Grand Valley State University, which might restore this instrument.
Carillon-sized instrument (without any workable playing mechanism) of 25 tubular bells Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The whole instrument was installed in 1935 with tubular bells made by Deagan Auxiliary mechanisms: nIE Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1960*Links:
This page was built from the database on 30-Nov-14 based on textual data last updated on 2014/11/24 and on technical data last updated on 2002/04/09
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com