Cathedral of St.Andrew (RC) between Sheldon Avenue and Division, SE Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA LL: N 42.95810, W 85.66705
St.Andrew's Rectory 267 Sheldon Avenue, SE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-4581 T: (616)456-1454 F: (616)456-5110
Added semitone is flat 7th; three swinging bells (major triad on tenor) atop frame for fixed bells. Chimestand removed in 1948 electrification. Electric keyboard disconnected and swinger motors inoperable. Restoration and enlargement planned.
Chime-sized instrument (without any workable playing mechanism) of 10 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is D in the middle octave Transposition is nil (concert pitch) Keyboard range: D E / NONE There is one added semitone The whole instrument was installed in 1909 with bells made by McShane Year of latest technical information source is 2005
Where this work lies in the sequence of output of the McShane bellfoundry.
Ranking among all North American chimes by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all North American chimes by weight (pitch).
Ranking among all North American chimes by year of completion.
Index to all tower bell instruments in MI.
This page was built from the database on 29-Aug-10 based on textual data last updated on 2010/08/28 and on technical data last updated on 2005/07/08
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org