(in storage) Hastings College Hastings, Nebraska, USA LL: N 40.596, W 98.370*Former location (until 2006):
International Bell Museum Winston H. Jones, Curator Evergreen, Colorado, USA
Michael Karloff, Vice President for Planned and Major Gifts Hastings College Foundation 701 North Turner Avenue Hastings, NE 68901-7621 W: (402)461-7473 F: (402)462-6240 E: email@example.com
Originally an outdoor collection of 80 bronze and steel bells, 12" to 48" in diameter, mostly American-made; also over 5000 bells within the museum. Mr.Jones died in 2006, leaving his collections to Hastings College; mostly in storage awaiting new display arrangements. A few bells were sold, and one large bell was stolen; one case is on display at Hastings College Foundation office in Barrett Center, and others elsewhere on campus.
Carillon-sized collection of bells Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown Transposition is not applicable Year of latest technical information source is 2010
Being a collection, this site is not indexed by foundry, size or weight.
However, the collection includes bronze tower bells from the following makers:
- Buckeye Bell Foundry, 1853-1892 (7) - Cincinnati, OH
- Denver Brass Works, c.1884 - Denver, CO
- A.Fulton's Sons, 1879 - Pittsburgh, PA
- Jones & Co., 1881 - Troy, NY
- McShane, 1885 - Baltimore, MD
- Meneely, 1907-1920 (3) - Troy, NY
- Meneely, 1913 - West Troy, NY
- Henry Stuckstede, 1896 - St.Louis, MO
- Stuckstede & Bro., 1902-37 (3) - St.Louis, MO
and steel tower bells from the following makers:
- American Bell Foundry Co. (1) - Northville, MI
- C.S.Bell & Co. (1+), The C.S.Bell Co. (3+) - Hillsboro, OH
- Cincinnati Bell Foundry Co. (2+); Blymyer, Norton & Co. (2+) - Cincinnati, OH
- Fredericktown Bell Foundry Co. (1) - Fredericktown, OH
- Gould's M'f'g Co. (1+) - Seneca Falls, NY
- Ross Meehan Foundry Co., 1921 (1) - Chattanooga, TN
Index to all collections of tower.
Index to all tower bell instruments in NE.
This page was built from the database on 17-Nov-10 based on textual data last updated on 2010/11/15 and on technical data last updated on 2010/11/15
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org