South tower St.Teresa of Avila Catholic Church Classon Avenue at Sterling Place Brooklyn, New York, USA LL: N 40.67406, W 73.96022
St.Teresa of Avila Rectory 563 Sterling Place Brooklyn, NY 11238-4800 T: (718)622-6500 F: (718)622-2234
Tenor swings. Had electric action before 1924, possibly original; re-electrified in 1955. The Meneely/Troy foundry claimed that it was the sound of this chime which caused that firm to be selected to make the very similar chime for the Cadet Chapel at West Point, NY, in 1919. Originally an Irish parish; each bell carries the name of an Irish saint.
Electric-keyboard chime of 10 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is D in the middle octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The whole instrument was installed in 1905 with bells made by Meneely/Troy Year of latest technical information source is 1912
A former parishioner has provided the following photos:
Where this work lies in the sequence of output of the Meneely (Troy) bellfoundry.
Ranking among all North American chimes by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all North American chimes by weight (pitch).
Ranking among all North American chimes by year of completion.
Index to all tower bell instruments in NY.
This page was built from the database on 26-Dec-11 based on textual data last updated on 2009/11/03 and on technical data last updated on 1992/12/12
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org