St.Andrew Parish Church Presteigne/Llanandras, Powys (Radnorshire), Wales OS Ref. SO 320 645 LL: N 52.2743, W 3.0054
A ring of 6 cast by Rudhall of Gloucester in 1717; tenor recast and 2 trebles added by Whitechapel in 1906; priest's bell recast and hung in the belfry the same year. Automatic drum, made in 1726, mostly of wood, is weight-driven, tripped from tower clock at 0300, 0900, 1500, 2100; 2 tunes alternate; 14 hammers--2 to each bell except treble and tenor.
Ring of 8 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is F in the middle octave Transposition is not applicable Keyboard range: ROPE / NONE There are no added semitones Work was done (as described in Remarks above) in 1717 by the maker cited in Remarks above Year of latest technical information source is 1993
Ranking among all British Isles chimes by pitch (weight).
Ranking among all British Isles chimes by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all British Isles chimes by year of completion.
Index to all tower bell instruments in Wales.
This page was built from the database on 12-Oct-06 based on textual data last updated on 2006/10/10 and on technical data last updated on 1995/04/22
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com