Pfitzer Memorial Bell Tower Westminster Abbey (St.Joseph's) Dewdney Trunk Road nr Goundry Street Mission City, British Columbia, Canada LL: N 49.15357, W 122.27033
Verify the current ringers' contact(s) at the NAGCR Website.
Fr. Alban - or - Ringing Master Westminster Abbey 34224 Dewdney Trunk Road Mission, BC V2V 4J2 Ph: (604)826-8975
Reports of origin as 8 bells are not correct. The bells were ordered in 1948, cast & delivered in 1951, hung in a temporary tower and only chimed until hung in the present tower (and dedicated) in 1956. Sometimes reported as MISSION alone (no CITY), referring to the entire District.
Ring of 10 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is E in the middle octave Transposition is not applicable Keyboard range: ROPE / NONE There are no added semitones The whole instrument was installed in 1956 with bells made by Whitechapel Year of latest technical information source is 2001
local elementary school project provides another view with a different bit of history. The last photo on another page about the school shows the tower in its environment.
Where this work lies in the sequence of output of the Whitechapel bellfoundry, in this region and in the world.
Ranking among all North American rings by pitch/weight.
Ranking among all North American rings by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all North American rings by year of completion.
Ranking among all North American chimes by size (number of bells).
Index to all tower bell instruments in BC.
This page was built from the database on 17-Aug-06 based on textual data last updated on 2006/08/02 and on technical data last updated on 2001/04/27
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com