The Jessop Bells
(in storage) Victoria, British Columbia, Canada*Former location (1938-2000):
Metropolitan United Church Quadra Street and Pandora Avenue LL: N 48.42727, W 123.35871
First-Metropolitan United Church Historical Museum 932 Balmoral Road Victoria, BA V8T 1A8 T: (250)388-5188 F: (250)388-5186 - or - Alan Ellis, President, BCACR E: email@example.com
Bells named for the original major donor, John Jessop (will, 1901). Bells removed from tower before church building was bought by Victoria Conservatory of Music in 1997, and stored by FMUC (not sold as previously reported). 2013: Bells purchased by British Columbia Association of Change Ringers, with intent to use as a ring of 8.
Chime-sized instrument (without any workable playing mechanism) of 10 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is A in the middle octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- There are no added semitones The whole instrument was installed in 1938 with bells made by Gillett & Johnston Auxiliary mechanisms: nC Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1991*Links:
This page was built from the database on 4-Jan-14 based on textual data last updated on 2014/01/02 and on technical data last updated on 2002/01/05
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org