Church of the Good Shepherd (Episcopal) Wyllys Street at Norwich Street Hartford, Connecticut, USA LL: N 41.75753, W 72.66875
Church of the Good Shepherd 155 Wyllys Street Hartford, CT 06106-1957 T: (860)525-4289
Added semitone is flat 7th. Bourdon recast 1902, when bells were rehung on new frame, and clavier was lowered one floor.
Traditional chime (chimestand) of 9 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is F# in the middle octave Transposition is up 1 semitone(s) Keyboard range: F F / NONE There is one added semitone There is no practice console 1 bells were recast or replaced in 1902 by Meneely/Wvlt Prior history: In 1869, the complete instrument was installed with bells made by Meneely/Wvlt Year of latest technical information source is 1971
Where the initial phase of this work lies in the sequence of output of the
Meneely (Watervliet) bellfoundry.
Where the final phase of this work lies in the sequence of output of the Meneely (Watervliet) bellfoundry.
Ranking among all North American chimes by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all North American chimes by weight (pitch).
Ranking among all North American chimes by year of completion.
Index to all tower bell instruments in CT.
This page was built from the database on 25-Sep-06 based on textual data last updated on 2006/09/19 and on technical data last updated on 1992/05/18
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com