Frances Morgan Swain Student Building Indiana University 701 East Kirkwood Avenue (Fifth Street) Bloomington, Indiana, USA LL: N 39.16695, W 86.52551
Mr.Patrick Fischer, Curator of Organs and Carillons Jacobs School of Music, MA395 E: firstname.lastname@example.org - or - Office of the Dean School of Music Indiana University Bloomington, IN 47405-2200 T: (812)855-1583 E: email@example.com
Cambridge (Westminster) quarters. Original chime, clock and tower destroyed by fire, December 1990. Replacement designed by R.M.Watson; traditional chimestand built by Meeks, Watson & Co. for Verdin Co.
Traditional chime (chimestand) of 14 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is E in the middle octave Transposition is up 4 semitone(s) Keyboard range: C G / NONE There are two added semitones The whole instrument was installed in 1991 with bells made by Petit & Fritsen Prior history: In 1905, a complete instrument of 11 bells was installed by McShane (0 bells remain from that work.) Auxiliary mechanisms: Q4H Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1991
This page was built from the database on 22-Jun-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/06/05 and on technical data last updated on 1995/04/01
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.