The Lawson Tower (originally Observatory Tower, Dreamwold, Egypt) First Parish Road nr Central Park Drive Scituate, Massachusetts, USA LL: N 42.20058, W 70.75525
Lenae Badger 43 Marion Road Ext. Scituate, MA 02066-2721 H: (781)545-5840 E: email@example.com
Scituate Historical Society *parcel: 43 Cudworth Road Scituate, MA 02066 *postal: PO Box 276 Scituate, MA 02066-0276 T: (781)545-1083 E: director@ scituatehistoricalsociety.org
Cambridge (Westminster) "quarters" at 7am & 6pm only; simple hour strike the rest of the day.
Tower & belfry built to conceal a water tank for Dreamwold, the estate of Thomas W. Lawson, in the village of Egypt, now part of Scituate. Added semitone is flat 7th. Renovated by Verdin in 2006 (during major restoration which removed the long-disused water tank); keystroke now significantly shorter. Tower open to the public several times a year, and by appointment.
Traditional chime (chimestand) of 10 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is D in the middle octave Transposition is up 2 semitone(s) Keyboard range: C D / NONE There is one added semitone There is no practice console The whole instrument was installed in 1902 with bells made by Meneely/Wvlt Auxiliary mechanisms: Q4 Tower details: Height of console: 0 meters above ground Height of lowest level of bells: 30 meters above ground Height of highest level of bells: 30 meters above ground Belfry openness: 40% Year of latest technical information source is 1996*Links:
This page was built from the database on 21-Sep-19 based on textual data last updated on 2010/09/20 and on technical data last updated on 2019/09/13
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org