St.Mary's-at-the-Cathedral Episcopal Church Ridge & Henry Avenues Roxborough, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA LL: N 40.064, W 75.241*Original location (1895-1921):
St.Matthias Church (now demolished) 19th & Wallace Streets
St.Mary's-at-the-Cathedral Church 630 East Cathedral Road Philadelphia, PA 19128-1935 T: (215)482-6300 or 825-3387 F: (215)984-8617
Bought for St.Matthias with a bequest from William V. Lippincott as a memorial to his wife; first played on 1 Jan 1896 after dedication service. Tenor hung outdoors for display only. Remaining bells stored in basement with Ellacombe device and dedication plaque. There are plans to build a tower and hang the 10 diatonic bells for change ringing. Added semitones are sharp 4th and flat 7th (as chime).
Chime-sized instrument (without any workable playing mechanism) of 12 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is D# in the middle octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- There are two added semitones The whole instrument was installed in 1895 with bells made by Whitechapel No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1991*Links:
This page was built from the database on 15-Nov-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/11/11 and on technical data last updated on 2002/01/30
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.