Sidway Memorial Chimes
St.Paul's Episcopal Church West Main Street at 6th Avenue North Franklin, Tennessee, USA LL: N 35.92372, W 86.87228
St.Paul's Episcopal Church 510 West Main Street Franklin, TN 37064 T: (615)790-0527 F: (615)790-0590 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
(None - controls lost)
Original tower tubes, donated by Mrs.Marjorie Sidway as a memorial to her husband, were probably connected to the organ, which has since been replaced. 3-note Deagan clock-chime, given by the same donor and installed by F.B.Little in Nov.1922, probably supplemented the original chime but was not actually connected to it. Original tubes and controls are gone, possibly to a scrap metal drive in World War II. Deagan controls are gone, but tubes and motor-generator remain. 2015: tower restoration in progress; clock-chime may also be restored.
Clock-chime (without any workable playing mechanism) of 3 tubular bells Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: NONE / NONE The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The instrument was supplemented in 1922 with 3 tubular bells made by Deagan Prior history: In 1917, a complete instrument of 20 tubular bells was installed with tubular bells made by an unknown maker (0 tubular bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2015
This page was built from the database on 20-Sep-15 based on textual data last updated on 2015/09/09 and on technical data last updated on 2015/09/09
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com