Chapel Tower Convent of the Transfiguration Albion Avenue at Osprey Street Glendale, Ohio, USA LL: N 39.26584, W 84.45387
Community of the Transfiguration (A) 495 Albion Avenue Glendale, OH 45246-4604 T: (513)771-5291 F: (513)771-0839
Thursday evenings, 4:15-4:45, 5:30-5:50
Original carillon cast by J.Prower Symonds at Vanduzen foundry, with 3-octave keyboard made by E.W.Vanduzen (now in Verdin Bell Museum, Cincinnati). Present bells are the first P&F tradi- tional carillon in North America; first 27 cast in 1950; last 9 cast (and all installed) in 1951. Rehung in 1991, with new clappers and keyboard by Verdin.
Traditional carillon of 36 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is A# in the middle octave Transposition is up 10 semitone(s) Keyboard range: C C / C C There is one missing bass semitone There is no practice console The present keyboard was installed in 1991 by the maker cited in Remarks above Prior history: In 1951, the complete instrument of 36 bells was installed by Petit & Fritsen In 1933, a complete instrument of 25 bells was installed by the maker cited in Remarks above (0 bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1992
This page was built from the database on 7-Aug-14 based on textual data last updated on 2013/06/05 and on technical data last updated on 2014/08/06
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org