Carillon Wall / Shepherd's Gate Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels (RC) West Temple Street at North Grand Ave. Los Angeles, California, USA LL: N 34.05720, W 118.24501*Former location (1972-2002):
Mission San Fernando Rey 15151 San Fernando Mission Boulevard Mission Hills San Fernando, California, USA*Original location (1931-71):
St.Monica's Church (RC) 715 California Santa Monica, California, USA
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels 555 West Temple Street Los Angeles, CA 90012-2707 T: 213-680-5200 E: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper 35 bells were cast in 1931 by Van Aerschodt and Michiels. That installation was dismantled in 1971 because of earthquake damage to the tower; the bells were later sold to Mission San Fernando, where they were played by an electric automatic system. The newly-added bass bell was cast by Michiels in 1929 and intended for Hearst Castle, but was never installed there; it hung at St.Timothy's Catholic Church in LA from 1956 until moved here in 2002. Also 4 bells in campanile (with space for more), 2 from former cathedral (by McShane, 1888, 3000# & 1500#) and 2 from closed churches in the diocese.
Electric-automatic carillon of 36 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is G in the middle octave Transposition is not applicable Keyboard range: ---- / ---- There are three missing bass semitones The instrument was enlarged in 2002 with bells made by Michiels Prior history: In 1931, the instrument was begun with 35 bells made by vanAerschodt No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2004
This page was built from the database on 21-Sep-23 based on textual data last updated on 2023/09/21 and on technical data last updated on 2004/07/24
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com.