Campanile University of Northern Iowa (was Iowa State Teachers College) north of Admin Drive Cedar Falls, Iowa, USA LL: N 42.51489, W 92.46058
(position vacant)*Past carillonists:
1926Se19(chime ded.) Andrew Meneely 1927-68 (see list on UNI Website) 1968Oc19(carillon ded.) W. Westcott (C) 1972-2004 Robert Byrnes (C)(1949-2004)
UNI Foundation 205 Commons Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0282 T: (319)273-6068 F: (319)273-3465 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Original tower clock (made in 1876 by Charles Fasoldt) won a prize at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia that year; donated to ISTC in 1925, installed 1927, retired 1950, remains on display in tower. Major renovation by Verdin, 1984. Tower renovation 1993-95. Sep.2006: A renovation project begun; to add D# bass, practice keyboard, replace playing keyboard.
Traditional carillon of 47 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is C in the middle octave Transposition is nil (concert pitch) Keyboard range: C C / C C 11 There are two missing bass semitones There is a practice console The instrument was enlarged in 1968 with 36 bells made by Petit & Fritsen Prior history: In 1926, the instrument was begun with 15 bells by Meneely/Wvlt (11 bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1973
This page was built from the database on 25-Jun-18 based on textual data last updated on 2018/06/25 and on technical data last updated on 1976/12/31
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com